“Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when instantiating a metadata object from the file…”

When restoring a backup I received the following error: "Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when instantiating a metadata object from the file…"
 
 
Error

This is annoying. It’s been happening to every one of my backups. Can’t figure out what’s going on.

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to “Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when instantiating a metadata object from the file…”

  1. Greg says:

    You might try unprocessing or deleting the database before you restore. That\’s solved a similar error message before.
     
    Seems like I\’ve also seen this when restoring a backup from a different service pack version of SSAS.

  2. Jesse says:

    Never thought of doing that…good idea. I also installed SP2 CTP so that may have also played a part in it as well.
     
    thanks!

  3. Chris says:

    Actually, I heard from someone a while ago that they found they couldn\’t restore pre-SP2 backups on a SP2 machine. Don\’t know whether this will be fixed at SP2 RTM though.

  4. Jesse says:

    I\’m beginning to think that\’s the culprit. My SP2 backups restored successfully.

  5. Gary says:

    Did you every figure that one out?

  6. Jesse says:

    Yea, I was trying to restore a pre-SP2 backup on a sp2 instance.

  7. Clayton says:

    I just started getting the same error on a project I\’ve been working on for some time. All computers involved have SP2 applied. After attempting a deploy, I started getting the following error: Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Fact In Transit measure group, from the file, \’\\\\?\\C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.2\\OLAP\\Data\\EBA_BI_Cubes.0.db\\Dsv Dw EBA 1.49.cub\\Fact In Transit.49.det.xml\’
    I tried a number of things including deleting the offending measure group but that just pushed the error to the next measure group.
    What solved it was deleting the database from the server and redeploying the whole thing from scratch. 

  8. Shakir says:

    Hi,I got a smilar error message but when regarding the data source viewen, when I tried to take a backup on a OLAP database.Anybody hear of that before?

  9. Chia says:

    Thank you, it got resolved after deleting the database from the server via SSMS and redeploying the whole thing from scratch.

  10. Arvind says:

    Hi All. i had the same issue when i was trying to process my SSAS cube. And the following solution worked great for me!

    Go to Cube Properties, Click on Deployment , Change the Database Name under Target Settings. For Example my database name was Customer_Cube, i changed it to Cusomer_Cube2 and reprocess the Cube.

    Hope this Helps. Cheers

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s